Crewit Resourcing Ireland
Our client is a large European contractor that builds and manages complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment.
If you’re looking to work for a company that employs the best people, invests heavily in training and education and is passionate about health, safety and governance, then read on.
Key Responsibilities – Commercial Manager in Slough
- Overseeing projects in the Comms / Live Engineering and FM sectors
- Validation of all tender and construction budgets to ensure strict compliance to agreed Margins
- Provide advice to Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Administrators on administration aspects including site instructions, optimal labour allowances, accurate forecasting methods and the protection of margins.
- Work closely with Procurement Department to manage the procurement process from inception to completion, ensuring the tender process is in accordance with company guidelines related to “Authority to let”, as well as sub-contractor agreements, and are within budget.
- Oversee the generation of Internal Monthly Cost Report / Month End Reviews to ensure compliance with validated margins.
- Full liaison with Business Unit Finance Department.
- Participate, prepare and review contracts and tenders to achieve commercially advantageous outcomes for a construction project and mitigating risks.
- Assessment and agreement of sub-contractor and supplier variations
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme/Schedule
- Manage the preparation and submission of applications for interim payment certificates and agreement of same with Clients Representative
- Manage insurance needs and settlements of construction projects that may, include public liability, professional indemnity and contract works.
- Actively manage dispute resolution and/or claims should they arise in conjunction with the Commercial Manager / External Consultants
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
- Manage project cash-flow on each project in conjunction with Finance Department
- Ensure that Project Team is complying with all Internal Procedures as per agreed Authority Matrix
- Setup and maintain the risk and opportunity management process for the project.
- Nurture and maintain strong relationships with clients, subcontractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Work closely and mentor where necessary the commercial Staff and management as required
- Make recommendations to senior project staff on commercial and contract issues that are specific project related.
- Monitor and ensure correct procedures are followed on site in relation to any activity with commercial implications.
- Ensure that all contracts are administered correctly, inclusive of notices and contractual letters where required to mitigate risk to the company.
- Good communication skills at all levels, internal and external to the company are essential
- All other duties associated with that role
Essential Criteria – Commercial Manager in Slough
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years’ experience in QS/Commercial Role.
- Previous experience in Construction Operations.
- Professional qualification in quantity surveying
- Good Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract Documents and contract requirements.
- Travel will be required for this position.
If this sounds like you, then apply now!